4 T slots 5/8
2 HP motor
bed 8 by 28 1/2 inches
spindle R8
quill 3 inches diameter
quill travel 5 inches
12 speeds - 150 to 3000
image_new.jpg

That mill is made by Rong Fu, model is a RF 30 or RF 31. It was sold by many different companies, but judging form the color I’d say it is most likely a Central Machinery from Harbor Freight. I just recently sold one just like it! I was an outstanding drill press and it functions as a mill as well. Invest in a good mill vice and you will be happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there something distinctive that would identify the approximate year of manufacture; is there something in the picture that would identify the country of manufacturer?

Is there something distinctive that would identify the approximate year of manufacture; is there something in the picture that would identify the country of manufacturer?
Usually the s/n plate will have a date, or at least a year of manufacture as well as the country. I looked at one similar to that was a late 80's Grizzly. Other than the color it looks very similar to a late 80's Enco I tried to buy as well.

I'd invest in a new vise as well. That one is suitable for a drill press but isn't meant for even light milling.

Thank you. Unfortunately the serial number plate is missing. Late 80's would imply Taiwan.

Based on the dimensions you listed, I'm pretty sure that is an RF-30/31. If I had to guess, based on color, it is a Taiwanese Enco model. Every single Taiwanese RF I've ever seen has that "Warning" label at the front of the head in red, and the shape of that black plastic front cover is classic Rong Fu. The shape of the knobs on the downfeed is also typical RF. I also suspect it is a relatively late model based on the shape of the top cover; I'm going to guess this was made sometime after the year 2000.

Looks like it needs a good cleaning but they are reliable, solid machines. Should serve you well.

HF was selling a RF with the plastic belt shroud back as far as 1992. Same green color, Taiwan manufacture.

These were made in Taiwan, they made them for along time and I believe they still make them. As for date of manufacture, take a look at the motor data plate. Mine had the date of manufacture on the data plate, assuming it is still the original motor.

Back