can anyone identify this model?

No. I am afraid that you are still confused. End float of the pulley should be .003 to .005, adjusted by loosening the set screw in the bull gear and moving the bull gear. If the second screw in the pulley were touching the spindle, you would ruin the spindle, break teeth off of the back gears. stall the motor, or any combination of those the first time that you engaged back gears. The pulley MUST be free to spin on the spindle when you pull out the direct drive pin.

yes you are right I undid the set screw in the bull gear slid it sideways prbly 3/16 tight as I could get it too the pullery and reset the set screw... theres still a bit of movement side to side in the pully but that's the best I could get...

The pulley does have to have running clearance between it and the bull gear, because it spins at about 6X the RPM of the spindle when in back gear.

3/16" sure sounds like a lot of clearance. Unless someone misadjusted it. When you engage the back gears, how well does the bull gear match up to the small back gear?

I moved the bull gear reset the screw think were all good now.. there is still a little bit of clearance. seems to be running ok

well its a lil over a year from bringing this anchor home, Ive spent plenty of time taking it a part painting it and putting it back together, changed a few parts, half nuts, cross slide bolt and nut way adjustment nuts and screws, a new rubber drive belt and put a bigger motor on it.. figured id post some pics of where its at now, that ugly green paint is gone! I only rattlecanned the paint back on not like some of that nice epoxy work you guys do.. still wanting a 3 jaw... heres the latest pics... 2nd pic is of a marking I found on it well I was painting not sure what it Is?20180802_173354.jpg20180904_134812.jpg
and as you can see I did a little bit of work on the table that came with it as well... its still ugly but paint and drawers can only cure so much

so does anyone have any idea on that cf stamp might be all about? that was just the primer coat on in that pic,

The set screws in the cone pulley should be for lube, on my SB 10L that’s what there for, they are just plugs .

I suspect the CF is just a foundry identification mark.

ahh ok I had never seen anyone mention it here on the forum so I was curious

Back