Can anyone tell me about this knurling tool?

SamI

Registered
Registered
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying a knurling tool I've stumbled across but I can't find any information regarding it online and the seller isn't really sure what he's got.

I've tried searching for the part number online with no joy.

What I'm really wanting to know is whether this is a form or cut knurler and what the diameter range is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nice tool . You should be able to angle the knurls for different diamond patterns . Only problem is the limitations of size . I ran these on manuals and cncs with excellent results .

Thank you all for the input. Certainly looks like a tool worth having - at the moment I only have one of the two wheeled bump knurlers but it puts a huge force on the lathe to get a half decent finish even in brass and alu.

Judging by some of the other items in the lot I'd assume it can go up to about 20mm, maybe even an inch. While I have on occasion been asked to knurl larger diameters for the odd thumb screw I knock up in the shop this would be perfect.

I think I posted about this tool on this site somewhere . It is a tool worth having . Not a scissor type that has the large capacity , but this can also be run in your tailstock or a toolpost OR a mill even if needed . :encourage:

Back