Can anyone tell me what this tool is for?

Willjoe21

Registered
Registered
This was in a toolbox I received with my new Logan 10" Lathe. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is used for. Anyone else have any ideas?Tool 1.jpg

MOAR picters!

It looks like the main bits from an apple peeling machine. The clue seems to be in the base - that some T slotage on the bottom? Does it have dovetails that would go on a QCTP? It may be too old for that...

Wish I knew off hand - it looks useful! I don't know what for, but a quick-release screw with a nice handle? Very useful...

Press-like instrument?
Rifler?
Head/Tailstock for oddly constructed bench-center?

That screw-thread is made to push hard, and predictably....

That is a feed screw for a DoAll bandsaw, fastens to a rail on the near edge of the table and pushes the work into the blade, the quick release was to retract the screw quickly for loading the next part. There was one just like it at Kaiser Steel where I apprenticed.

OK, I'll bite.
What are the discs with all the holes for??
They almost look like the discharge discs for a meat grinder.

I thought the discs looked like they may be for a dividing head.

I am not sure about the discs either. I was initially thinking they were for a dividing head but not sure that is the case. There are 7-8 of them in total. The center hole fits the spindle of my Logan so that leads me to believe they are somehow for the lathe but I can't think of a way for that to work out and there doesn't seem to be any other pieces/parts that they would bolt to or be held onto. Here are some more pictures of the original tool I posted about as well as some more of the discs.

Thank you all for your responses especially you benmychree! I look forward to conversing with everyone. The logan is my first lathe. IMG_7518.jpgIMG_7519.jpgIMG_7520.jpgIMG_7521.jpgIMG_7523.jpgIMG_7524.jpgIMG_7525.jpg

The disc at the top, (the one with 3 holes and a slot) is for a Troyke rotary table dividing attachment, the other two are for a dividing head, but I do not know the make, but NOT B&S, as they only have 3 mounting screw holes.

Back