Can someone recognise those plates?

GoceKU

Registered
Registered
Happy easter everyone, has anyone got an idea what are those plates exactly, i've had the sense early 2000, bought them in a junkyard, they have tapped holes for M10 and some of them are marked with numbers, i've recently recognise some of them as wheel bolt patterns but still don't know what would they been used for, from the finish they are factory made and they are cold blued.
DSC_0128.JPGDSC_0130.JPGDSC_0132.JPGDSC_0133.JPG

Look like indexing head plates to me .

possibly mounting plates from a wheel balancer.
B

Interesting... They look similar to what fits on my 12 inch Enco rotary table. My plates have a two inch diameter hole in the center
and four holes to bolt the plate to the RT. I see yours has only three holes..... somewhat strange, but maybe that would
be for indexing the plate possibly. The numbers might serve as clues to what they fit. They will clean up nice and would be
handy to index stuff on the lathe possibly. Nice find!

Can you clean them up a bit and rephotograph so that a full plate can be seen with numbers easily read. At first glance the look like index plates, but I don't think so, well not regular ones anyway. Why are the holes tapped? are all the holes tapped, what about the small holes near the center?

Notice some of teh numbers have a slash as in / between two numbers like 150/4 and 150/5 look like PCD holes. Could have something to do with wheel balancing, but the M10 doesn't gel here. Could they be home made and used for marking out a wide variety of PCD's using pointed M10 screws like transfer screws to mark holes.

Be interesting to find out , someone put some time into making them. And stamping all the holes to boot.

All the holes are threaded M10, the three smaller near the centre are M6 and M5 threaded, centre hole is 60 mm and is something defenely to do with PCD holes(wheel bolt holes), because there are numbers like 114,3 and 108 which correspond only with PCD holes, just i'm not sure what for.

Can you clean them up a bit and rephotograph so that a full plate can be seen with numbers easily read. At first glance the look like index plates, but I don't think so, well not regular ones anyway.

I was thinking to soak them in vinegar for couple of weeks, i'm not sure how would that affect the cold blue coating.

Back