Can this motor be wired for 240v?

Definitely DON'T use that as a guide, it's American 9-wire, used in America and nowhere else - you have a 6-wire star-delta rest-of-the-world motor!
There's a great big clue on the motor plate, the upside-down Y telling you it's in star configuration *as the links are currently placed*

Dave H. (the other one)

So from all the research I've been doing, Could it be possible this was wired in 24o in the first photo?

Perfect buzzing out of the terminals! - the winding resistances match too, which is a good sign :)

The bottom two are most likely the thermal switch - if you suspect you'll be working it very hard you can put those in series with the fwd/rev switching line and they'll power the motor off if it overheats. (In the loop from the DCM common terminal to the fwd/rev switches).

The other six *were* linked for delta, the higher (415v) voltage configuration, to wire for 240v link them in pairs: middle left to top left, middle middle to top middle, middle right to top right, attach 3-phase 240v from your VFD outputs (U, V, W) to middle left, middle and right, Robert is your parent's sibling!

If it rotates the wrong way either swap two of the 3 phases (at VFD or motor, doesn't matter where) or swap the VFD forward and reverse inputs, probably easier on the motor once everything else is wired?

Dave H. (the other one)

Perfect buzzing out of the terminals! - the winding resistances match too, which is a good sign :)

The bottom two are most likely the thermal switch - if you suspect you'll be working it very hard you can put those in series with the fwd/rev switching line and they'll power the motor off if it overheats. (In the loop from the DCM common terminal to the fwd/rev switches).

The other six *were* linked for delta, the higher (415v) voltage configuration, to wire for 240v link them in pairs: middle left to top left, middle middle to top middle, middle right to top right, attach 3-phase 240v from your VFD outputs (U, V, W) to middle left, middle and right, Robert is your parent's sibling!

If it rotates the wrong way either swap two of the 3 phases (at VFD or motor, doesn't matter where) or swap the VFD forward and reverse inputs, probably easier on the motor once everything else is wired?

Dave H. (the other one)
Thanks Dave, you sound confident! Is there any this could turn to scrap if we're wrong? So like the picture below?

711c2cffd376cd4f908a0f5936ecd101.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Exactly like that! The other two can be useful (temperature switch, black and white on the bottom terminals) particularly if you'll be running the motor under speed, when the fan may not give enough cooling - better to have it cut out than burn out! On my lathe (which I run down at 5Hz occasionally) I've fitted a big axial fan blowing through the built-in fan and programmed the VFD to switch it OFF above 30Hz - which seems to work pretty well do far...

Dave H. (the other one)

Oh damn I'm super sorry I didn't read the whole thread. I'm on a few electrical FB groups and electrical forums it's always the same "The leads aren't labeled" post heck I have that pic saved along with a 12 lead pic I assumed it was typical 9 lead motor again my apologizes

Back