Can you identify what can print this?

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
I am no 3D printing pro, I saw this prototype of something I was not supposed to take pictures of and of course took a very small/detailed picture of it. I asked the person what printer did this? He wouldn’t tell me. The belief is, it’s very expensive....Maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars. I can’t discuss it, but I need to know, what did this?? I love the rough “Bed liner” texture. The paisley design is printed, not painted. It’s really amazing. Does anyone know what can do this? Pic post in a couple minutes....

Sorry, this is a 15mb picture, too big to post. I just want you to be able to see the design detail and texture. Amazing...

911C5C7A-EF9A-4CFE-807D-0519F86DBF7C.jpeg

What is the material? Plastic, or is it a cloth like. Is the brown background part of the print?

There are printers that can print multiple colors throughout the print with no changing of filament, if it is an FDM printer. One can even utilize different materials i.e. TPU and Nylon within the same print.

It's the purple thing only....it's some sort of plastic....pretty firm with a bit of give. I'll post a high res pic, guess I dropped it too low.

Sure, ok. There are numerous printers that can do multi-material 3D printing. Check out --->this video at abou the 37 second mark.That was printed in one go with the relatively inexpensive Prusa multi-material printer. There are also other printers that are much more complex that can do true multi-material, as in plastic with another material for example. https://3dprint.com/272948/272948/

Without knowing the story behind the print, the picture you posted doesn't seem to be beyond the realm of relatively inexpensive printers.

No clue on the printer but if you're not supposed to take pictures I sure wouldn't talk about it on a public forum. If it were me I'd edit that part out of your OP, people can comment on what they think without knowing the story....

John

I didn't sign a NDA...not worried and it's such a small picture of a fairly large/complex part...
What gets me, I couldn't discern any filament trails. I would think more of a sintering process by it's finish. Those thin lines you see (the yellow on the purple background) are maybe .012 mm wide. I wish I could have posted the whole product, at any rate, the manufacturer said it was in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. I really didn't know 3D printers that worked in plastics got in that range...or anywhere near that!
I'm guessing these won't be commonly known machines. If I'm ever told....I'll post it here, and the product if I get to see it again.
Sorry 7mile...I didn't see your 2nd link. That tech sounds more in the realm of possibility.

Kinda of agree on not spreading pictures of that all around.

It's a bit like the guy who got invited to tour Leno's garage, and thought it would be funny to stick one of his own website stickers on Leno's restroom toilet and post about it. He got a very special call a couple days later.

Back