Can You Use Soluble Oil in a Mister

They show a mister just below the product description. So it must work. Go for it! and let us know how it works out. I still use Cool Mist in my mister, haven't personally tried anything else.

Can't believe people want to put this stuff in the coolant system in their car radiator!

In the Radiator? Lol.
Thanks guys. Still waiting for my compressor. I'll report back when I get it set up.

Have used soluable oils in misters many times.

That is all I use. Well not that brand but the same.

Worried about thin soluable oil?!! I run the black thick pipe cutting oil in Mine to help with slitting 303SS, 3/8" deep x .042. One pass all the way through 1 1/2" Od X 3/4" ID 303.

Soluble oil in radiators? You bet! I believe it was more common in the South than up here in the North country, but we used to run it in heavy equipment engines that were freshly rebuilt. The oil kept things from rusting internally and provided lubrication for the coolant pump during the first fifty or hundred hours or so after overhaul. At that point the break-in oil and the coolant would be changed out for standard fluids. The coolant system needed a good flush before switching to ethylene glycol antifreeze, but it worked very well.

As for running it in a mister, I suppose one could use it, but I stick with Kool Mist and Rustlick Syncool. I have no problems milling 303 with either one.

Back