Resolved Can't find 'search' feature.

Guyton

Registered
Registered
Hi newbie here. I wonder why I cannot find an option to research previous posts posted by others. The "Find threads" feature is useless for me because of the limited options it offers. Specifically, I'm looking for discussion relating to 'green wheels' if that ever occured here.. The 'Find threads' reveal nothing. Thanks.

Find Threads is used for only your content. On the tool bar at the end, far right, there is the Search function, you can search keywords, in specific categories, & you can enter in a members name if you want to search posts from a specific member. You can also go to a member's profile & search for their posts or threads started by them from there as well.

Moving to Site Help.

One word of caution about using Search - it defaults to searching Fora. If you are using it to search Downloads or any other module, after each search try, you have to explictly return to that module before your next Search attempt.

Thank you gentleman for the replies..

"On the tool bar at the end, far right, there is the Search function, you can search keywords"

Sorry, I don't see anything on the right side that I can click on to activate.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I'm going to log in as you and see what you see - standby.

Looks like there is something amiss with your messages counter. I don't know that that is the problem but I'll report it and see about getting that fixed first.

Guyton,

Posts in this Forum don't count (why they don't is another matter, but they don't). Go to a regular forum (not Test, as they don't count there, either) and make a couple of posts. Then wait until Registered Member changes to something else (I think it should be Newbie). After that happens, if you still cannot see Search to the right of Alerts, report it back here.

Back