Cant Find T-Nuts for Seig X2, WEN 33013 to be exact.

Growley Monster

Registered
Registered
So I ordered from two sellers on Amazon, and they don't fit. Anybody got a link for inexpensive T-nuts for this machine, US seller, reasonable or free shipping? Yeah, I know, I could just make them, but with all the mini mills being sold, surely somebody is making T-nuts. The machine only comes with two.

So I ordered from two sellers on Amazon, and they don't fit. Anybody got a link for inexpensive T-nuts for this machine, US seller, reasonable or free shipping? Yeah, I know, I could just make them, but with all the mini mills being sold, surely somebody is making T-nuts. The machine only comes with two.
What size are they? Reasonable tee nuts aren't that expensive. Or trim the ones you have (assuming they are too large). Or make them. I made six of them for my rotary table, it didn't take very long. Just don't tap them all the way through, so they won't harm your tee slot.

What size are they? Reasonable tee nuts aren't that expensive. Or trim the ones you have (assuming they are too large). Or make them. I made six of them for my rotary table, it didn't take very long. Just don't tap them all the way through, so they won't harm your tee slot.

Here's the measurements of the two that came with the machine:
total height .464" 15/32" 12mm
top width .464" 15/32" 12mm
top height .276" 35/128" 7.05mm
base width .7112" 91/128" 18.05mm
base height .2925" 25/128" 4.95mm
hole M10 x 1.5

The ones I got from Amazon will probably work if I take a couple mm off the bottom. I will just make them if I can't find any. It just seems strange that with the popularity of that mill, nobody sells nuts, and the table doesn't accept the ones everybody regards as more or less standard dimensions.

If you have to take off the bottom, please take a punch or point to damage the last thread on the bottom so the stud doesn't go through. If the stud goes through and you tighten it too much you can distort your tee slot or even break the slot.

Here's the measurements of the two that came with the machine:
total height .464" 15/32" 12mm
top width .464" 15/32" 12mm
top height .276" 35/128" 7.05mm
base width .7112" 91/128" 18.05mm
base height .2925" 25/128" 4.95mm
hole M10 x 1.5

The ones I got from Amazon will probably work if I take a couple mm off the bottom. I will just make them if I can't find any. It just seems strange that with the popularity of that mill, nobody sells nuts, and the table doesn't accept the ones everybody regards as more or less standard dimensions.
McMaster has tee slot nuts for 12mm. They are $5.22 each, if you are in a pickle. Check their drawings for full dimensions. They ship fast and their stuff is usually top shelf.

What WobblyHand just said....

Are you sure it is the nuts? The Chinese imports usually aren't too finicky about the edges of the table slots. My Weiss casting was uneven to the eye and then there was the paint...

I taped the bottom of the slot and used a Roll Lock Scotch-Brite disk to clean it up. The aftermarket T-nuts fit perfectly.

John

I'd recommend checking and cleaning out the slots as well. Sometimes they have junk in them. I use a home made tee slot clearing tool and a chip brush to get the crud out. If the mill is new, there's cosmoline or similar in the slots. Clean it all out so there's bare metal. Then recheck the tee nuts for fit.

I'd recommend checking and cleaning out the slots as well. Sometimes they have junk in them. I use a home made tee slot clearing tool and a chip brush to get the crud out. If the mill is new, there's cosmoline or similar in the slots. Clean it all out so there's bare metal. Then recheck the tee nuts for fit.

Ok I will double check that. I checked and it seemed clear. The base flange was just too tall to pass under the slots. I will grind or mill the new ones down or just make from scratch. After all I do have a vertical mill, right? So that will be my second project on the mini mill.

Ok I will double check that. I checked and it seemed clear. The base flange was just too tall to pass under the slots. I will grind or mill the new ones down or just make from scratch. After all I do have a vertical mill, right? So that will be my second project on the mini mill.
Stake the bottom thread of any machined tee nuts, it will save your bacon later. If you have ever seen a busted out tee slot, it's enough to make a grown man weep.

Back