Carbide bandsaw blades for HF 4x6?

Bill Kahn

Registered
Registered
On another thread I mentioned I am playing with Titanium 6-4. Just seeing what it is like.

Well, I put my 1x2x6" chunk on my HF 4x6 bandsaw. As I have mentioned before, I have run through about a dozen different 64 1/2" 1/2" blades as I play with materials. (The hardest material of all to cut has been lead--another story there.). I have a favorite blade so far...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010BOLYP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A bit more expensive than others, but has lasted and has handled all the stray steels I have given it. And it did well on the Ti, cutting about 14 square inches. And dulled out, and I kept running it, and it broke. I have ordered more blades.

But I have noted that my carbide end mill seems to cut the Ti. So, I figure, maybe a carbide band saw blade will also.

My question: Where can I get a carbide bandsaw blade for my 4x6? (64 1/2" 1/2" and I have been finding like 14TPI works well for most stuff).

Thanks for any pointers.

-Bill

Try Ellis bandsaw blades. Have been using their blades for years and they are really good and a good price. Can only order by phone and a $50 minimum.

Maybe we all do a little different? I have a blade welder. So I quest for any blade stock ½” wide and then weld it up. Sometimes more than one weld in a blade:grin:. I think the last blade stock I found was Starrett? After several years on the same blade, it’s still cutting great on my 4X6. When it goes, I’ll just weld up another. For me, the blade welder is the way to go;)…Dave.

Reactions: Z2V
Back