Carbide inserts holders

B

Brento

Forum Guest
Register Today
So i bought these from amazon about a month back and finally really got to take a look at them. Now im guessing from going left to right the cutters are used for:
Facing on the right hand side
60 degree chamfers or threading maybe?
Facing on the left hand side
Turning on the right hand side
Turning on the left hand side.
Also in the picture i have what appears to be another insert? Or is it one of those spacers for a hold down style holder.

4EC7E173-6A37-48AC-833B-EE1A0CD7647D.jpeg

Looks like you've got a set that all takes the same insert for various cutting/facing angled holders. At least will be convenient to buy inserts for them.. I don't see anything in there thats specifically for threading operations Or maybe it just me and I cannot tell. Possibly for point threading if the geometry is small enough. Most of those seem too wide for that.

These are the older style TCMT sets. You have one each for RH and LH turning and facing and one intended for external threading (sucks for this job, just so you know).

Just to be clear, from left to right in the picture, you have LH facing, threading, RH facing, LH turning, RH turning.

If there is another insert in the package, it is a spare insert. No spacers used with these tools.

That other insert doesn't go with your set. Looks to be for something a bit larger with an external clamping piece.
Mark

Ok that insert didnt come with the set i just found out and was curious what it was for

Those are used on face mill like this.
1520599189393.png

get some TCGT inserts to fit those holders, they'll make a world of difference in ease of cutting and surface finish.

I was looking for some on shars but didnt see any so i got a few tcmt inserts.

look on eBay or Banggood. Those TCMT inserts will be similar to the ones on the holders already.

I just dont wanna spend a fortune on inserts right now.a

Back