Carbide Lathe Tool Set

epanzella

Active User
Registered
For anyone in need of a reasonable set of indexable carbide lathe tools, I just picked up three holders and 30 inserts from Amazon for the lofty price of $59 bux. Incredible price and they work really well. I turned and faced a piece of 1 1/4 SS rod with the CNMG 431 insert. I never had to readjust the TP and the finish was like a mirror.

For anyone in need of a reasonable set of indexable carbide lathe tools, I just picked up three holders and 30 inserts from Amazon for the lofty price of $59 bux. Incredible price and they work really well. I turned and faced a piece of 1 1/4 SS rod with the CNMG 431 insert. I never had to readjust the TP and the finish was like a mirror.

they look better than many since they have shims.. the shims prevent wear of the holders bed.
I like the cnmg and wnmg.... I did some work last night, and every HSS tool even with chip breakers ground in was creating a curly mess.
I switched to the cnmg then wnmg and it too was creating a mess .. I kept trying different feed rates.. finally got it to break chips roughing by diving in rather than turning.

They are all right hand turning & facing tools in 3 different flavors. Why buy 3 with the same function?

They are all right hand turning & facing tools in 3 different flavors. Why buy 3 with the same function?
I would have preferred the CNMG 431 holder and the 3 sided holder along with a left hand tool but where are you gonna get 3 holders and 30 inserts for $59.oo? I also bought a boring bar for the CNMG 431's. The CNMG 431 is my favorite but it needs a mile of clearance to get in there.

Back