Carr Fire Hits Close to Home

My Brother and sister in law as well as one of my nephews and one niece got evacuated
from their homes this afternoon it's not looking good down there
at all..................

Yesterday my wife and I had to drive to Redding to check on the kids. They are OK and their house is too. The ash is thick and smoke is reducing the visibility to just a couple of miles. 1/3 of the population of Redding has been evacuated. Shelters are running out of room, hotel room vacancies are non-existent and RV parks are full. The fire is still growing in size and threatening several nearby communities. There is devastation everywhere you look.

The firefighters and law enforcement are doing a wonderful job despite the many obstacles facing them. My hat is off to them. I'm praying that no more lives are lost and they get the fire under control soon.

So glad that your kids are ok. I am also praying for the fires to be contained, it seems they are getting a handle on them, by what was on the news this morning.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those family members that have been affected by the fires and the unfortunate early deaths of the firefighters.
After Santa Rosa last year, California has been hit hard by the recent wildfire destruction. If you look at the fire maps of late, there are so many individual fires it is a wonder Cal-Fire can manage them at all.
My wife and I drove over to Fort Bragg last Thursday. Highway 20 was closed while we were over there. Fortunately we were able to come back Hwy. 128 without too much trouble.
Living in Paradise, California, we have been evacuated twice over the past 30 years. It is a frightening experience.
I can relate to those of you in Nevada City, and all the other Foothill communities that live with Fire danger every year.
I do worry about my Home Insurance. I wouldn't be surprised if the parent company chooses not to renew. That goes for all the wild fire communities. I know many of you share the same thoughts.

Back