Carriage Stop for G4003G

I never saw a video. The author was kind enough to send me prints for the mini lathe. I had to figure it out from there. That was a good brain teaser. I now have a book of his that details a version for a Myford lathe(I think), and how the system works. Fitting it to your machine is the main difference between models. There are several other projects in there. Very nice tools to make in the home shop.

ok, youtube search GadgetBuilder dog clutch. Looks like he has a video. not sure if its the same, but has to be close, right? Heck I think there was a guy here that fit one to his grizzly, I think a go602. Jim Something if memory serves. Maybe it's still around. I have an awful time with the search here. Now I mostly cheat with google thanks to some good advice. I search for what I want and also put in hobby machinist so a lot of the results are from here.

If you scroll forward on YouTube there is a video of dog clutch threading on a mini mill. THAT'S THE WAY I ENVISIONED IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

did ya maybe mean mini lathe? If so check out the stuff mentioned above. Keeping in mind it works with lathes that shift into reverse like a 7x lathe.Another author would be something like Martin Cleeve. The title is something like screwcutting on the lathe. I believe that was published prior to Mr. Meeks efforts, and describes the same type of device.

Did the OP ever get a carriage stop or maybe some direction one? I’d like to have one also. Even one that disengages the forward reverse lever.

Back