Caser model 750 radial drill press

Jason Annen

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Have an option to buy one, with vice and square block for $1100. Less than a 2 hour drive. It's a 24", 2hp, MT3 taper. Italian made. It's a 3000 lb machine. Looks good, but I know nothing about the brand. Any thoughts or comments?

CASER1.JPG

Jason

Check and make sure all the feeds and speeds actually work. The controls make it look like there is a fairly complicated gearbox inside. You will not likely find parts or technical support for it. If it works, hell yes!

There's an auction in Milwaukee with a zelueza RADIAL drill about the same size the bids $105.00 but has several days left. It has all the extras also. Btm is the seller or auction outfit.

I just sold a very similar machine for $2500.

A radial arm makes any other drill press seem like a toy.

I have been meaning to put my morse drill bits for it on sale. 1/2" to 1" by 1/64 and then a dozen more up to 2"

Got it. Also picked up a cabinet with 300 drills in it. Mostly 32nd, and 64ths. About half are Morse taper shanks. Lots of sharpening to do. Maybe 10% are junk. Machine works perfect, built in 1964, I think. Included a vice and both manuals.

IMG_20171008_181951214.jpg

IMG_20171008_182000400.jpg

IMG_20171008_182019058.jpg

IMG_20171008_182054966.jpg

Paid $1500 for all.

Jason

Congrats on the the tool!
That looks like a beast of a drill.
-brino

Way to go Jason, hellava score!!!!!
that machine will do what a regular drill press can't!

Nice machine, they can do a whole lotta work . And make it easy. I used several different ones over the years , running core drills in castings for valves. It was lots of bull work over precision but it was work. But when that place tried abusing me I ended up leaving. But that's another chapter. I ran a big one like bcbloc YouTube bought and it dropped , from cable failure on his new concrete. He welded the casting and I'm surprised it came back together so well. You did well I think nice drill selection too.

Why do they put the controls on the left side a radial drill? Mine is the same, doesn't feel natural after using regular presses.

Greg

Why do they put the controls on the left side a radial drill? Mine is the same, doesn't feel natural after using regular presses.
Greg
from what i understand,
a lot of foreign equipment and on a lot of lathes, the apron controls are reversed too.
i wonder the reasoning myself

Back