Cast iron

Mheaton92

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone I am looking for a cast iron bar. The price of cast iron is crazy. I need a piece that is 5x3x2.5”. I have access to any size steel,stainless,aluminum and even some titanium. I could also pay for it. Another thing if you send me a dxf I could laser cut a part for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi everyone I am looking for a cast iron bar. The price of cast iron is crazy. I need a piece that is 5x3x2.5”. I have access to any size steel,stainless,aluminum and even some titanium. I could also pay for it. Another thing if you send me a dxf I could laser cut a part for you.

Check out a company called Speedy Metals.com

It is true cast iron in any quantity is expensive, however it can’t be beat when it comes to dimensional stability, so you need to carefully consider the intended use.
I chose cast iron for my surface grinder table for that reason and paid good money for the stability. I know I will never regret doing so !
“wise choices in life are never regretted”

Cast iron or ductile iron like class 40? Dave

Ductile, class 40, clean machining and stable. Makes excellent machine parts, very stable.
Also takes an excellent grind finish.

I've done the same. The last stuff I bought from Speedy did have a hard spot in it that I needed to surface grind as it was hard on my cutters. Dave

Haven’t had that problem yet, hap crappens ! Most all my purchases from them have been trouble free. I do however buy most mild steel from locals to save shipping costs. I usually buy alloys and tool steels from Speedy.

Thanks guys, buying from McMaster is not an option I would have to spend way more then I wanted to. Speedy metals will work since I can buy it by the inch.

Back