Caught by the Wife

Umm - boiling a carburettor in cleaning solution in a pot on the cooker!
Heat treating an alloy steel for a 1 hour stint in the oven !
Putting stuff in the freezer to help with an interference fit !

I cannot involve anything kitchen-related in anything I do, machining-wise, except be the guy who is going to revive the Kenwood mixer.

Note: Re: @markba633csi 's term "suspenders". In European culture, those would be items of women's lingerie, associated with stockings.
Sounds kinky with a couch cushion.

Couch cushion?

Maybe....

We really need a picture of this to fully appreciate the scenario.

In any case I'd suggest raising the height of your mill so it's at a comfortable place to operate. Also, if using couch cushions as a safety device you can usually find then on the side of the road with a "free" sign;)

John
I concur, pics required.

John

Dishwasher to clean engine parts... A poor-man's hot tank. I'm already in the doghouse, I might as well go for it!
There's a Habitat for Humanity store not too far away from me. Among other things, they have (working?) dishwashers for sale at very nice prices. Guess I could get one and install it "bare" (no cabinet) in my shop.

There's a Habitat for Humanity store not too far away from me. Among other things, they have (working?) dishwashers for sale at very nice prices. Guess I could get one and install it "bare" (no cabinet) in my shop.
They make portable dishwashers too. Full size dishwasher in a wheeled cabinet with hoses for drain and water. take water from the faucet and drains into a sink.

Before that though, I’d go out and buy a decent sized ultrasonic cleaner. Much more effective than a dishwasher.

Chickens... Braces.....thunk, thunk, thunk... Just before I had reached the sagitta....Its getting weird in here!

You need some kind of protective barrier between you and the wife.

I keep a bath towel in the shop and routinely use it to shield my legs from UV rays while welding. Generally, the smell of smoke tells me it's on fire before I actually feel pain.

Back