Cedarberg Ind. phase converter?

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I have a chance to pick up a 7-1/2 horse local and cheap. About the price of one VFD sized for a 3hp motor.

Anyone every heard of , have any experience with this brand?
Here is a couple of pics.
DDBDAD02-96AF-44F5-94E7-93FF960CC8AE.png 6BF614BD-006C-42C1-8943-6C3B0C848E89.png

Martin W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I haven’t heard of that brand. Shouldn’t be hard to get components if you ever need them. I have run one 10 hp and one 15 horse power rotary phase converters for the last 15 years with very little trouble except for a couple push button switches and one capacitor. I have put bearings in the 10 hp motor once also.
Variable frequency drives are a good way to go also.
Cheers
Martin

682bear

Registered
Registered
I have a Cedarberg SPC on my vertical bandsaw. I ordered it from one of the industrial supply houses, probably McMaster- Carr, about a year ago. It works well on the bandsaw. It is one of their smaller converters, designed for up to 2 HP if I'm remembering correctly.

I chose this particular converter because it was less expensive than the other brands.

Other than that, I don't know a lot about the converter or the company... so far, I am satisfied with the converter.

-Bear

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock