Cell phones in the shop

I once was using my phone as a duty cycle timer while practicing welding. Guess who learned how far small weld spatter can really go, and what it does to glass?

Now I keep lofi, cheap options around so my phone can stay in a safe spot.

LifeProof and Otter are probably the best cases on the market. IMO.
They have 'covers' over the charging ports and other openings. Helps quite a bit at keeping pocket lint out of the charging port.

A buddy sent me his 'old' Samsung S9 and it has wireless charging and that is so nice. Honey has it now since her's crapped out.
I just picked up a Moto G Power (v2020) and the battery life is awesome. (5000mAh) battery. But I'm missing the wireless charging.

I stash mine on a stand as soon as I'm in the shop. Then I have an old LG G3 that I use for taking pictures and to have a quick calculator.
The LG picks up grinding dust and chips all the time.

I'm liking the idea of an Alexa...

There’s a decent sized magnet in the speakers and they definitely attract metal chips. Not aluminum, but I have messed up a phone with the chips. I keep my phone away from my machines. It’s almost worth having an older phone fro the shop.

I put a ziploc baggie over my phone, touchscreen still works that way, but no water, no oil, no chips.
Beef jerky bags.
Once I finish the jerky I keep the empty bags. They are thick but the touch screen still works.
Once they get dirty I toss them because there are plenty more where that one came from.

Beef jerky bags.
Once I finish the jerky I keep the empty bags. They are thick but the touch screen still works.
Once they get dirty I toss them because there are plenty more.
Beef Jerky Bags? Doesn't that START dirty? Ziplocs are plentiful and "free" in my household (only for those living here...don't no one get no ideas...)

Don’t take pictures while you are scraping Prussian blue doesn’t come off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Back