Central Machine milling/drilling model 981

thehairs

Registered
Registered
I know it's not the best, but it is what I can afford. I have just brought home my 1984 Central Machine milling/drilling model 981. I am having a real problem finding a lot of information on this mill though I can find a bit of information on the current HF machine of the same type. Does anyone know if this is the same machine. The mill I bought has been used for the same job since it was bought new. The bed was locked down and never moved. Matter fact the mill was painted several years back and the dovetails are painted shut. I have moved them since I got it home so they aren't stuck and the dovetails on this 1984 machine look new. I intend to take the machine apart and remove all this paint, mask and repaint the machine. I don't want to mess up anything taking it apart is the reason for wanting a bit of information. If anyone has one of these machines that would copy their manual please let me know.

Thanks
David Hair
Dalton, GA

go to grizzly's website and find a mill that looks like your's and download the manuel.

Probably have to join the group, but this guy says he has a copy.
http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3749

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24498

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's not the best, but it is what I can afford. I have just brought home my 1984 Central Machine milling/drilling model 981.

Thanks
David Hair
Dalton, GA

I wouldn't mind having one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how if you make 2 or 3 posts soon together, it puts them all in one post.:))

- - - Updated - - -

Now see, this was 4 separate posts...

I know it's not the best, but it is what I can afford. I have just brought home my 1984 Central Machine milling/drilling model 981. I am having a real problem finding a lot of information on this mill though I can find a bit of information on the current HF machine of the same type. Does anyone know if this is the same machine. The mill I bought has been used for the same job since it was bought new. The bed was locked down and never moved. Matter fact the mill was painted several years back and the dovetails are painted shut. I have moved them since I got it home so they aren't stuck and the dovetails on this 1984 machine look new. I intend to take the machine apart and remove all this paint, mask and repaint the machine. I don't want to mess up anything taking it apart is the reason for wanting a bit of information. If anyone has one of these machines that would copy their manual please let me know.

Thanks
David Hair
Dalton, GA

Hi David,

I was wondering if you were successful in finding an owners manual. I just acquired a 1986 Central Machine Model 981 Drill/Mill

Back