Chandler Boring and Facing Head Value

MyLilMule

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I acquired this Chandler Boring and Facing Head in an auction lot recently and am thinking of selling it. It's not something I was really looking for, but it came with some other stuff I wanted, so I am thinking of selling it. It's not a typical boring head, this one can do facing operations as well as internal grooving operations. Holding on to the upper ring causes the dovetail to move, I believe .0025" per revolution.

Looks pretty complete from what I was able to gather from the documentation that came with it. And it's in really good shape. Only time I think I have seen one similar was on the Ox Tools YouTube channel. This one is a bit larger than that one. What would be a fair asking price for it?

IMG_7344.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpegIMG_7346.jpegIMG_7345.jpeg
View attachment IMG_7349.mov

Attachments

• IMG_7347.jpeg
    IMG_7347.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7348.jpeg
    IMG_7348.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 14
It's worth its value in scrap ! Send it my way and I'll take it off your hands . ;) Either that , give Aukai a shout out , being an R8 shank , he most likely would buy it . Sorry Mike , you know how it goes . momoneyOr put a price on it , I may be interested as I'm selling a Bridgeport mill and I could add this to the accesorry list . Or , a trade , what do you need , I'm cleaning out the house ! :grin:

It's has both an R8 and an MT3 shank that is threaded into the top. I would imagine someone with the know how could also make any kind of a shank for it.

I just bought one almost identical to that recently and paid just under $300 for it.
Joe

What is the diameter of the head ?

Or Dave you could send me yours with the stuck arbor, at a discount :grin:

I could do that Mike . Anytime you are ready . :big grin: You know I have to clean things out to make room .

That looks identical to mine, Box looks the same too.

Back