Chandox 3DAKT-06 3 jaw "adjust true" chuck

Dpaul7

Registered
Registered
Anyone have information or advice as to how to adjust this chuck? I was under the impression that the Allen head screws on the front are to be loosened, then the small set screws around the perimeter would be used to fine tune everything. However, I cannot budge the large Allen head screws whatsoever. They are really torqued down hard!

Attachments

• IMG_3003.jpg
    IMG_3003.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 156
I have a similar set-tru and you understand it correctly. You'll have to break the three cap screws on the face of the chuck loose, then adjust with the 4 outside cap screws and retighten the three screws on the face. Basically adjust it in like a 4-jaw chuck.

Bruce

Bruce, Thanks for the reply. I have flexed my 8mm T handle Allen wrench to the point where it rotates the spindle even while in the lowest gear. I have tried giving the wrench a few shocks but still no luck. I have a PM1340GT. Any suggestions as to how to break them free without damaging anything, how to hold the chuck from moving etc.?
David

I have tried putting a block of wood between the jaws and the ways to prevent the chuck from turning while putting a tremendous force on the Allen wrench. No results.

I have tried putting a block of wood between the jaws and the ways to prevent the chuck from turning while putting a tremendous force on the Allen wrench. No results.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_36b.jpg

Maybe a more rigid set up. What I mean is using the standard L shape Allen wrench then wack it with a dead blow.
In my experience you really need to crack them loose. I think the type of Allen you are using allows too much flex.
Just my two cents.
Good luck.

I used an impact wrench to loosen the three on the front the first time. You dont need to loosen those each time you adjust the chuck, though.

Are you sure about this? How do you adjust the set-tru screws if the chuck is tight to the back plate?

I agree with the impact gun, though, and that is how I would approach it.

Reactions: Z2V
I am going to give the impact wrench a try. I just wanted to check first with those who have had experience, not wanting to risk any damage to either the chuck or the lathe. Thanks for all the input!

Back