Chandox Set-Tru 3 Jaw - How to reverse jaws?

parshal

Registered
Registered
OK, silly question. How does one go about reversing the jaws? I would guess they slide out one direction but I'm not seeing it and don't want to force anything unless I know it's supposed to work the way I'm forcing it.

I'm not familiar with that brand chuck but if they are one piece jaws they can't be reversed, you would need the other set of jaws. 2 piece jaws are reversed by unbolting the top jaws from the masters then flipped around & bolt back on.

Examples

They are two-piece jaws. After removing the bolts the jaws don't budge from the maters. I assume they pull straight off but they're on tight and I want to be sure they're supposed to pull straight off before lightly prying them off with a small flathead.

jaws.jpg

jaws2.jpg

They are two-piece jaws. After removing the bolts the jaws don't budge from the maters. I assume they pull straight off but they're on tight and I want to be sure they're supposed to pull straight off before lightly prying them off with a small flathead.

Oh yes, they are are a tight fit. Wiggling side to side helps but if you need to pry them with a screwdriver. But lightly and only a little at a time per side. They are hardened so you shouldn't have to worry but don't go crazy on them. I would tap with a plastic mallet alternating sides.

Just saw the pic examples you posted before I put up my pics. Exactly how I thought to do it but didn't want to start wrenching on something until I knew for sure.

Thanks for the confirmation!

You can loosen them by rapping them alongside the jaw with a soft hammer, back and forth; most all top jaws fit tightly; turn them around and assemble with the bolts, carefully aligning the slots and tongues and draw the bolts up a little at a time until they are seated, then tighten them firmly.

They are typically a tight fit, so as others have mentioned may need some light tapping with a rubber mallet while pulling them directly out. Also careful on reinserting them, do not force them on. You will need to recheck the chuck alignment whenever the jaws are removed and reinserted. The jaws should also be numbered as well as the position on the chuck, do not mix them up as they are matched to the position on the chuck.

Make sure everything is clean too before you remount them- no chips stuck in there
mark

Back