Change Gear Chart For 9 Tpi Lead Screw?

Still looking for a definitive statement, but according to some chatter on one of the other popular discussion groups way back a few years, some of the older Seneca Falls "Star" lathes used a 9 TPI lead screw. Had something to do with a 4/3 reduction gear setup in the headstock if remember correctly.

If so, might be a worthwhile lead (ha ha) to track down and maybe get a positive ID on the machine.

-frank

Deleted. I was wrong. Had a senior moment.

Tom

Hi,
Give me a day and I'll post a link to LatheGears. Wonderful program I have been using for years.
Author has given permission to disseminate freely. Very easy to use. Values to enter are leadscrew pitch/TPI, available change gears and gearbox ratios if you have a gearbox. Does Imperial and/or metrickery. Most useful computer program I have ever come across.
I have found my lathe can turn threads not listed.

Well it didn't take a day but this is not latest version. I have had major crash and lost years of acumullated stuff but here is LatheGears.
Please send the author a big thank you. This little program has pulled me out of the poo many, many times, I hope it helps.
Barry.

Back