Change gears for sale

rdhem2

Active User
Registered
Re: Change Gears for Sale
Fire Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, it appears I was a little greedy for the gears. How about a 1/2 price sale?

After perusing e-bay and not just the Logan site I will offer these gears for $20 ea or $125 for 10. That is only $12.50 per gear folks. Get them while they are fresh and hot. Old dried grease at bottoms of teeth included no extra charge.

Details on two gears for pitch diameter calculations. Twenty eight teeth (28T)-- 2.144" dia. Forty teeth (40T)-- 3.000" dia. Measurements from top of gear tooth to opposing gear tooth crest.

Consulted my MH and old Engineers handbook and still am in the dark on exactly which formula to use. Pitch equals number of teeth divided by diameter? Is this correct? :anyone:

24T, 28T, 32T, 40T, 48T, 50T,64T, 72T, one oddball 69T. 1" bore, .250" key, .685 wide. Oddball--1.305" bore, .210 key, .884" wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Number of teeth plus 2 divided by the outside diameter.

(40+2)/3.0=14

What you have are 14-1/2 pressure angle, 14 diametrical pitch.

I'd guess they are the stud gears for a metric transposing gear set.

Dear (I hope to be one some day) Old Machinist;

Thank you for the information. Do you have any additional resources for finding machining information? These sites are cool but most of the time is spent reading stuff from people like me instead of people like you. Get my drift? I was an self employed electrician for like forever and am now pursuing what I wanted to be before I was sent to a government provided place on a great big pond. USN. They made me an electrician so upon discharge I said what the hey! I enjoyed it but would rather machine, although I am not a superb fabricator. I try!

Thanks for your time.

Back