Changing the collets in the mill

Alberto-sp

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hi everyone.

I think your response will be NO, but I have to try it.

I own a minimill. It has morse cone 2 and I use a ER25 collet holder. Can I change the collets without removing the collet holder? I grab the collect with a wrench, and loose the nut whith the especific wrench for that.

Is very convenient, but I don´t know if it is a proper way.

Thank you

best regards

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I believe that's one of the benefits of using the ER collet system, so I'd say yes....

John

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
That is a very big benefit to using ER collets. My mill/drill has an R8 spindle. I have an ER32 collet chuck with an R8 shaft for the spindle. I have never removed it since I installed it. To change collets you need a collet wrench for the nut and a large wrench that fits the chuck body. I use a large adjustable wrench. Really quick and easy to change collets.

Alberto-sp

Thanks for your answers!

Ok it has been a surprise. In this hobby everithing is always by the hard way and slow, so being able to do this is like a breath of fresh air hahaha

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code