Cheap And Effective Tool Lights

It's 900 lumen.

When I saw it at first I was thinking of the lights I used to replace the flourescents in the basement - those are 1500 lumens or something, if you need a reading light you can just sit under one. 900 is a bit more practical for somethjing right in your face :)

Nice job on the light btw. I tried one of the sewing machine lights in post #44 and liked it enough to one for each machine. It's a good idea to wrap the base in a sandwich bag so that swarf sticks to the bag, not the magnet.

I ordered three of these lights and they arrived yesterday. The magnetic base is strong, and the gooseneck holds where I put it. They are much more compact than other lights I've tried which is really nice for my lathe. While not as bright as a big light, it is more than adequate for my needs. I wish the cord was a little longer, but not a big deal. Overall I'm very impressed. I just hope they will hold up. I put one on the lathe, one on the drill press and one over my toolbox. I wish I'd ordered a couple more.

I Love these little lights! I've got 4 of them now and they are so handy I guess I'm going to have to buy them by the gross.
Thanks so much for the tip.

Back