Cheap Chinese Calipers w/ Free delivery

Rata222

Registered
Registered
We all no what to expect when you buy cheap calipers - even so ........ I was looking for a pair to modify and attach to the tail stock of my lathe. I ran across these 'steel ones" unbelievably cheap ( $3.60) and free delivery. Decent reviews on Amazon. They should be good enough for my project. And I can use the case to replace a damaged one. I bought an extra set just to scribe layouts with. We'll see?

I thought I would share in case someone has a need for a cheap set.
Jim

Last edited:
These sure are cheap. I'd be tempted to use them at the blacksmith shop if they had a non-electronic way of measuring. Currently, I use a set of those General vernier calipers that measure to 1/128". They are great, and a few burn marks on the jaws are tolerable, but they cost a lot more than $3.60.

link didnt work for me heres another to the same product
Thanks I ordered 4 of them great to have in my service truck

Glad it could help you out. I rechecked the link - it seems to be working OK for me. ??? I intentionly made the link to show all the sizes they have, in case someone needed 8" or 12" . I had ordered a pair of the 12" also for the $7.50.

I don't care for the 'digital' version, nor the fractional divisions. But at that price, with free shipping, how could I pass it up. I ordered three, and will sure to find a use for them in the carpenter shop. Or pass along to my friends. . .

thanks for the heads up, needed a new caliper for my drill press quill. Can't beat the price! Also got a 12" for those times I want to measure something larger than 6" with a bit more accuracy than a ruler.

I don't like digital measurement tools. It seems that every time I go to use them the battery has run down and they're useless. Even the review seems to indicate that the battery will only last a couple weeks. That and 1.5thou of error in less that 6", will these be useful at all?

They serve their purpose. I wouldn't want to use one for semi-precision, but for a drill press or tailstock quill they'll do just fine. I get around 6-7 mths out of the batteries in my generic HF type calipers on the drill press vs. 1-2yrs from my iGaging calipers, so I tend to take them out when I'm not using the drill press much.

Back