Cheap Chinese face mill?

Is the 'problem' insert milling head an Accusize item, or you sourced from a different vendor? (just wondering because Accusize sells on ebay too).
No, my face mill was a $20 facemill from a no name chinese eBay seller, not accusize. However, it's turning out that accusize isnt too far above those cheap Chinese items. Accusize is still cheap Chinese stuff. The story I was told is that it's just a guy that's importing chinese tools, branding it, and selling them from his Richmond Hill, Toronto, warehouse.

I solved all these issues by purchasing a brand name, American made, facemill for $250 from a local industrial supplier. It should come in any day now.

It finally came in.
Here's what I got
https://kar.ca/fma02-050-a0-75-se12-16.html
2 inch 3 flute.
With SEET12T3DM inserts.

I was actually surprised it was still chinese. I thought I was buying American or Japanese or something... But I may have gotten what I asked for. I said high quality chinese or low quality American. So, if this mill was $250, I'd hate to see what a high quality American equivalent is. Eep. Lol.

Would there be info somewhere about this insert ie, recommended DOC's etc. Or is it a generalization on the size, type, etc of the insert with each metal? I can't find anything in the catalogue.

I was actually surprised it was still chinese. I thought I was buying American or Japanese or something... But I may have gotten what I asked for. I said high quality chinese or low quality American. So, if this mill was $250, I'd hate to see what a high quality American equivalent is. Eep. Lol.

It doesn't really mater who makes it, imo what differentiates the good the bad and the OK, is how much quality control it undergoes, and how skilled the people doing it are. Some places might check one part in a 1, some 1 in a 100 , others 1 in 10 etc etc.

Would there be info somewhere about this insert ie, recommended DOC's etc. Or is it a generalization on the size, type, etc of the insert with each metal? I can't find anything in the catalogue.

Always go by what's on the back of the pack of inserts.

Always go by what's on the back of the pack of inserts.
Ah. I did not look there.
I have a few packs of cheap Chinese inserts and there isn't much of anything for discernible information on the back.
Unless the row of letters in funny symbols is said information?

I feel there may be some useful information under very convenient torn section....

Ok,

YBPM251 = the manufactures internal grading id

SEET 12T3 & SEET 42.5 are the standard ISO and ANSI sizing and tolerance standards. this is a good resource for that info http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-insert-d.htm

DM is the manufactures chip breaker designation, but this one is kind of useless as they don't tell you anything about it like rake or land etc.

P15-P40 means it will work in Steel
M10-M30 means it works in stainless steel

this will give you a rough idea about what the numbers mean
http://carbide.ultra-met.com/Asset/ANSIISO-Specifications.pdf.

the P section is the speeds and feeds for steel

Vc = is the surface speed in meters per minute so you will need to do the math to convert it to sfpm.
Fz = is the chipload but again in metric so you will need to do the math to convert it to ipt.

the M section that is ripped off is the speeds and feeds for stainless stee,l so you should probably contact the retailer and tell them to send you that information.

Back