Cheap DRO in the US

I've order from Aliexpress and the shipping is an average of 1 month to Canada

any idea the shipping time from them ?
I got a three axis DRO from them about six months ago, it took three weeks. One thing that I didn't expect was that they added about 5" inches to the scale lengths, to account for the read heads. I had to alter the long one by cutting nearly 5 inches off to get it to fit. Cutting down a glass scale is scary, but I did it on the bandsaw using a fine blade. I packed the glass with damp paper towel so that it was as solid as I could make it. I got a bit of chipping of the end of the glass but that's all.

02-03-2021-004.JPG
Cutting scale to length.
02-03-2021-005.JPG
The cut end after shortening. Just a few chips. I cleaned up the end of the glass with a fine stone in a Dremal.

If I were going to do this again, I would have used a thin abrasive cutting disc on my chop saw.

I also cut my scales with my bandsaw. Left the wipers in and cut them at the same time. There was a rib on the endcap that needs clearance to put the end back on. Some guys recut the scale but I just milled off the rib for clearance. The screws are so fine I just screwed them back in to the extrusion and they made their own threads. It literally took ten minutes. (per scale)

Back