aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I've order from Aliexpress and the shipping is an average of 1 month to Canada

BaronJ

Registered
Registered
any idea the shipping time from them ?
I got a three axis DRO from them about six months ago, it took three weeks. One thing that I didn't expect was that they added about 5" inches to the scale lengths, to account for the read heads. I had to alter the long one by cutting nearly 5 inches off to get it to fit. Cutting down a glass scale is scary, but I did it on the bandsaw using a fine blade. I packed the glass with damp paper towel so that it was as solid as I could make it. I got a bit of chipping of the end of the glass but that's all.

02-03-2021-004.JPG
Cutting scale to length.
02-03-2021-005.JPG
The cut end after shortening. Just a few chips. I cleaned up the end of the glass with a fine stone in a Dremal.

If I were going to do this again, I would have used a thin abrasive cutting disc on my chop saw.

epanzella

Active User
Registered
I also cut my scales with my bandsaw. Left the wipers in and cut them at the same time. There was a rib on the endcap that needs clearance to put the end back on. Some guys recut the scale but I just milled off the rib for clearance. The screws are so fine I just screwed them back in to the extrusion and they made their own threads. It literally took ten minutes. (per scale)

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock