Cheap DRO in the US

sundown57

Registered
Registered
I have a kind of odd ball lathe, its 13x40, most all kits are 250x1000mm.Not sure if the extra 2 inches will be a problem or not. Anyone know of a company in the us that isn't all that expensive and where i can call then and ask for a mix and match set ?

DRO Pros have a lot of good information on their web site. Every thing from sizing the scales to installation. Their prices are higher than the Chinese on ebay, but their information is out there for anyone to use. There is also a ton of information here that would be useful , just use the search function. Good luck. Several members have had success with the inexpensive Chinese imports .

Last edited:
I’d probably message your AliExpress/eBay seller of choice and see if they can do a longer scale.

Sorry - I know you said US but thought that may have been optional. I’m not sure why I thought that.

@sundown57 Of course it depends on the exact nature of the work you do, bit I've had a 12X37, 14X40 and 15X60 lathes for years now, and I have never needed the last 4 " of the lathe bed. I've even chanbered rifles with 26" barrels on the 12X37, and as long as your carriage stays to the left of your tailstock, you are fine. really.

i think in the 40 inch direction i would be ok my concern is my lathe call for a 200mm cross slide they are maybe 9.5 total. a 250 is cold to 12. im not sure it will fit on the cross slide with out making some sort of extension

AMAZON. 'bout $300 for 3 axis. . I have one. Works perfectly.

i just came across these 2 . wonder how bad they really are

Back