Cheap place to buy metals online?

Pcmaker

Registered
Registered
It's hard to navigate through ebay to find exactly what I'm looking for. I live in Las Vegas, NV. What online places sell metals for cheap? square stock specifically. I can buy 1018 round bars all day at my supplier here, but that's the only thing they sell for machining. I wish they had square stock.

I'm looking to get 1" x 1" x 12" 1018 square stock

Did you look at McMaster Carr?

I often get metal from SpeedyMetals.com or onlinemetals.com.
If I am already getting other hardware and such I will sometimes get metal from McMaster.com
Between the 3 I can never guess which will have the best price, always have to check all 3.

Speedy Metals is semi local for me so I can drive 35 miles to go pick it up if I don't want to wait for shipping.

Try Travers

Onlinemetals.com The shipping adds a lot to the cost. Sign up for their news letter and get a 10% off code every month. The more you buy the larger percent off the next month. Also they have specials giving 20% off many times a year. They ship quick by UPS.

I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer.

Roy

Look around their site....with MC you can get cert sheets if required as opposed to a recycle yard you may or may not get exactly what you wanted. Call around to recycling biz and ask if they get any pieces in. I found one local to our house in Maine where I can get various pieces of 6061 aluminum. Prices they charge never makes sense to me....sometimes it $1 a pound and yesterday it was $0.43 a pound.I have given up inquiring because she does look up the pricing....so, I have bought as must as a couple hundred pounds to yesterday it was 128 pounds. I got a number of 15” discs that were 9/16” thick. They had a hole in the center and it was threaded. Sometimes they have extruded pieces such as angles or box sections. This time I bought a couple of square box sections. I like the extruded stuff because I find there are more things I can do with it. Call around,,,,ask a machine shot where they send their scraps and drops.

Online metals has similar pricing to MC. Where I live I can order by 3pm online and it’s delivered the next day. It’s almost too easy!

Onlinemetals.com The shipping adds a lot to the cost. Sign up for their news letter and get a 10% off code every month. The more you buy the larger percent off the next month. Also they have specials giving 20% off many times a year. They ship quick by UPS.

I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer.

Roy
onlinemetals.com prices appear to be ludicrous. Or am I hallucinating?

onlinemetals.com prices appear to be ludicrous. Or am I hallucinating?
Yes they are high compared to what you can get locally in some areas. In my woods the locals are few and don't like to deal with small orders. The last time I purchased locally the prices were even higher. When I lived in California I purchased metals through my company so it was much cheaper.

Roy

Back