Cheapest prices on mags?

Arthurmaltizer

Registered
Registered
What are some of your guys go to websites for magazines? I think the best ones I’ve found are gun broker and cheaperthandirt especially for the free shipping on certain deals.

Last edited:
Learned long ago not to deal with Cheaper Than Dirt.
Oh, I ordered some stuff and it was certainly adequate and shipped fine so there's no complaint there.
What frosted me was that at the FIRST sign of political upheaval, they because Crazy Expensive among the worst.
When things like ammo (or in this case, it mighta been high-cap mags) got kinda sketchy, some suppliers said outright, "we have what we have and we'll sell it for our regular price and whatever we get next, we'll sell it for that price."
I like that. That's good business.
But not CTD! I watched their prices QUADRUPLE OVERNIGHT. Same inventory. New price. That, IMO, is simple price gouging.
Oh, yes, the arguments of "replacement value" come up. But they never have an upright answer that doesn't smack of exploitation - profiteering on people when they're down.
See, that's not a legitimate business; that's just an oversized pawn shop.
So I just ignore them and no longer pass my money through their hands.

Remember, many firearms have "personality" when it comes to magazines. I have seen firearms which really like brand X magazines, but double feed or jam with brand Y. I would suggest you get someone at the range to let you try out a brand of magazine you are considering, before you buy many of them. A magazine your firearm dislikes, is worse than having fewer magazines.

Gunmagwarehouse.com is my go-to for magazines. I have no complaints, they ship fast and so far haven't raised prices. Most stuff is priced where it was before COVID, from what I can tell. They ship fast. Inventory is hurting in a couple of areas, but whose isn't.

Sorry; late to the party. You didn’t say what kind of magazines you wanted. To me, function is more important than price. For 1911s it’s hard to beat Wilson Combat. They’re not the lowest priced mags but I’ve seen them solve feeding problems on brand name 1911s that would jam with other mags. For AR-15s I like surplus military mags with aftermarket no-tilt followers. For most others, I stick with the gun maker’s mags. Sometimes I travel long distances to shoot matches so reliability is huge.

Back