In Memorium: Roy Scuccimarri (royesses)

royesses

In Memory
Rest In Peace
EDIT: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/checking-out.91886/page-10#post-847169
Good Evening everybody,

Like all of you here I've been anxious to receive an update about Roy. I reached out to his son-in-law today and he informed me that Roy passed away on Monday evening. He was surrounded by his family at his home where he was most comfortable, during his final days.

Services for Roy will be held on Thursday the 29th at 1:00, at Ft. Sill National Cemetery in Elgin, Oklahoma. Anyone in the OK/North TX area wanting to attend are welcome.

RIP Roy, you will be missed by your friends here at H-M.

---------------------------------------------

I like to always add meaningful post in the forum, but this time it is not about machining.

I will be checking out soon. I've been diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic cancer of the pancreas, liver, spleen and adrenal glands. Docs tell me I have about 3 weeks before I become incoherent. So I will not be able to log on anymore.
This forum and the wonderful members have made the last years of my life very enjoyable. I have learned a lot here and consider this the friendliest machining forum on the internet.

The amount of knowledge and skill of the members is amazing. Everyone is eager to help and get the beginners started.

I just want to thank all of the members and administrators for making this such a great experience. I am giving my machines to my son in law because he and my grandsons want to learn. I am trying to get them to join the forum.

Thank you guys and girls for the wonderful times I've had here. I will miss you all.

Royesses
(Roy Scuccimarri)

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy I am so sorry to hear this. I have seen your posts and reply’s here a lot. Please hang in there and know you will be missed. And thanks for sharing what you are going through.

very best regards,
Tony aka C-Bag.

Oh my goodness.
Roy I have enjoyed your posts tremendously.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Please be strong.
My prayers are with you and your family.
My kindest regards,
David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that was hard to read without getting emotional, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Blessings If anything is needed, I'm sure someone here will try.

Roy, you've been a great friend to me personally, this is a shocking news and I can not come up with words to tell you how I feel but I'll pray for you and hope to see you around much longer than you estimated, this is just not fair.

Thank you Roy for your kind, thoughtful, and respectful manner that you brought to all of your posts. I looked forward to what you had to say, whenever you felt inclined to say it. I will miss you, kind sir.

-frank

Roy, thank you for demonstrating that courage and sharing with us. You set a good standard and people like you are what makes this forum great. Glad you left so many memories here and are taking so many with you. Your input will be missed. Prayers to you and your family.

Back