In Memorium: Roy Scuccimarri (royesses)

Roy, I don't know how to express my shock and dismay. I am literally feeling it in my heart and I am so, so sorry to hear of this. You have treated everyone with respect and have always been generous in your words and deeds. I know you've helped a lot of us over the years and you will be sorely missed. I WILL MISS YOU!

You and your family will be in my prayers. Please be at peace - you did good, you made a difference, you are respected here and you will definitely be remembered.

Mike

I like to always add meaningful post in the forum, but this time it is not about machining.

I will be checking out soon. I've been diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic cancer of the pancreas, liver, spleen and adrenal glands. Docs tell me I have about 3 weeks before I become incoherent. So I will not be able to log on anymore.
This forum and the wonderful members have made the last years of my life very enjoyable. I have learned a lot here and consider this the friendliest machining forum on the internet.

The amount of knowledge and skill of the members is amazing. Everyone is eager to help and get the beginners started.

I just want to thank all of the members and administrators for making this such a great experience. I am giving my machines to my son in law because he and my grandsons want to learn. I am trying to get them to join the forum.

Thank you guys and girls for the wonderful times I've had here. I will miss you all.

Royesses
(Roy Scuccimarri)
Sad news. So kind of you to post. I wish you peace and as much comfort as possible. You will be missed. The knowledge, efforts and love you have invested in this world will remain as will your spirit. What can one say? Im honored to be associated with you through one of you passions. I hope the doctors are wrong and things can be much better. Perhaps we can meet somehow in the future and be creating fantastic project with perfect accuracy, precision and design.

Last edited:
Don't even know what to say....
Although I don't know you personally, I have read your posts and enjoyed them. Like so many folks on here, I feel that many of you are my extended family. I am so sorry to hear of this.
I lost a very good friend last November. The hospice care was invaluable to my friend and to his family. They provided comfort in the remaining days. Make use of that if you can.
God speed my friend.

Roy, you've been a great friend to me personally, this is a shocking news and I can not come up with words to tell you how I feel but I'll pray for you and hope to see you around much longer than you estimated, this is just not fair.

Ken we have had a great relationship even though we are far apart. I hope you stay with the forum and help many people.
You have been a great friend.

Roy

Roy, I don't know how to express my shock and dismay. I am literally feeling it in my heart and I am so, so sorry to hear of this. You have treated everyone with respect and have always been generous in your words and deeds. I know you've helped a lot of us over the years and you will be sorely missed. I WILL MISS YOU!

You and your family will be in my prayers. Please be at peace - you did good, you made a difference, you are respected here and you will definitely be remembered.

Mike
Mikey, thank you for your feelings and soothing words. You have brought a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill to the forum. You are a superb teacher and like all of the members have a great personality and you always jump right in to help everyone. I'm already feeling the loss of communication with you.

Roy

Sad news. So kind of you to post. I wish you peace and as much comfort as possible. You will be missed. The knowledge, efforts and love you have invested in this world will remain as will your spirit. What can one say? Im honored to be associated with you through one of you passions. I hope the doctors are wrong and things can be much better. Perhaps we can meet somehow in the future and be creating fantastic project with perfect accuracy, precision and design.
Thank you NC Rick for your thoughts. I am honored by your words and honored to be associated with you and all the members.
Unfortunately the doctors are spot on and the Norman healthplex hospital saved my life 11 years ago with open heart surgery.
My son in law and grandsons are going to join the forum and learn to use my machines and tools. After I showed them the forum they were impressed with the members posts and the depth an scope of the knowledge here. I will get them started tomorrow on the lathe and mill. I am closing one door but opening 3 more this way.

Mikey, thank you for your feelings and soothing words. You have brought a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill to the forum. You are a superb teacher and like all of the members have a great personality and you always jump right in to help everyone. I'm already feeling the loss of communication with you.

Roy

Jeez, Roy, I wish words could turn your situation around and keep you here with us. I just cannot believe we are even discussing this. You and I went to high school together, albeit in different locations. We're vets, we're hobby guys together and I feel like I'm losing a brother.

If your son in law and grandsons decide to join the forum, we will take care of them the way you took care of others ... with respect and caring. I will personally look after them as long as I am here.

See you on the other side, Roy.

Roy, thanks for all that you have contributed to all here at H-M. You will be missed.
My prayers are with you and your family. Looking forward to welcoming your family members.

Don't even know what to say....
Although I don't know you personally, I have read your posts and enjoyed them. Like so many folks on here, I feel that many of you are my extended family. I am so sorry to hear of this.
I lost a very good friend last November. The hospice care was invaluable to my friend and to his family. They provided comfort in the remaining days. Make use of that if you can.
God speed my friend.
Thank you 7milesup for your kind words and thoughts I have read and enjoyed your posts too and cherish my time on the forum.
There is nothing you can say that will change the outcome but since all of you are my family i couldn't just leave without everyone knowing why.
I was in hospice care that night and they are wonderful. Getting my grandchildren on the forum and interested in the hobby was my goal and now that has been reached. When they saw how great the members are they got really excited. All of you have been inspiration and information while keeping an air of family helping family.

Please don't feel bad. I have lived a full life and done things many have not had the opportunity to do.

Roy

Back