chester lathe motor conversion

Whitto

Registered
Registered
just finished replacing motor on my chester b with a three phase inverter system. canot belive the state of the chinees wiring inside the lathe. lose terminals diferent size cables carrying the same circuit. ended up totaly rewing the whole machine. 4 hours start to finish including setting up the inverter. what a difference variable drive makes no spaners no belt changes for slower speed great!!

Yep, got to agree with the comments on Chinese wiring - I worked in a well-known UK importer's workshop and a lot of 'em were electrically unsafe as delivered... Anything from high earth resistances in mains cables to fuses in the Neutral line so it'd blow a fuse and stay live in the electrical box! Boss didn't want to listen or feed it back to the manufacturers though - his attitude was "If I don't buy 'em and sell 'em, someone else will" :(

The Chinese have the cheek to put a "CE" mark on them, which isn't indicating it meets European specifications and standards, just that it's "China Export" - crafty buggers! The electronics (e.g. speed controls and filters) were *never* installed to manufacturer's spec' either, rendering the RFI filters almost totally useless...

Hmph.

Dave H. (the other ones)

Back