Chevalier Mill

Esmith41

Registered
Registered
I stopped by a friends shop the other day and he told me to give him $500 and I can have this mill3500589E-3562-43AF-BC3D-3560E57730A4.jpeg3C96EB7D-A2BE-46E6-B185-999954490FA3.jpeg9472BDC3-B097-46E8-8E89-B19CB74B171F.jpeg1ACA8A6B-69F3-4CAC-98D8-3A434AD7D0B6.jpeg.
He said the spindle does turn freely but the quill is seized...... I am fairly new to machining and have a Jet 836 mill. So I don’t really need this but if it is a good deal I may take him up on the offer. I do have 3ph power. Please let me know what you think as I have never heard of Chavelier.
Thanks,
Eric

I’d be all over it. Looks like box ways on the saddle. Dro if operational. I would think the quill issue can be easily fixed. Even if you find yourself over your head you can easily sell for that much if not more. You already have the 3 phase.

You got it home yet? I would be all over that mill if it was me.

Tell him you assume the mag drill is included in the price. ;) Mike

Tell him you assume the mag drill is included in the price. ;) Mike

:immersed::excitement::congratulate:That’s funny I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture. I have the same one In the picture. Great tool to have.

HaHa, I did ask him if I threw in an extra $20 would he include everything on the mill.... He just shook his head and walked away. This is a great guy, he sold me 13” SB lathe with quite a bit of extras for $600 a few months ago.

Looking at the pictures looks like he only uses it as a work bench. He has hold downs holding the bench grinder to the table. Then the grip clamps holding his s material while he uses a mag drill to drill on a milling table. That’s funny and o_O crazy. Get it fixed. Probably broke using it like a drill press “which it’s not” and stripped the quill gear. I’d still buy it though. Good luck.

He has a nice J head Bridgeport that is his user. His shop specializes in making large Lin’s for the turbine industry so the majority of his work is large work. Even the Bridgeport sees little use. I do not know the history of the Chavelier and why the quill is locked up. It looks like it is missing the rack that moves the quill.

If I could find one at that price it would be at my place by sundown,... or sooner.......:big grin:

Back