Chili bits ?

EEEK :oops: Do they need to be serviced during their life?

Mine just makes 16 cfm @ 175 PSI with an 80 gal tank.

EEEK :oops: Do they need to be serviced during their life?
No . Will ( Dark0 ) and I talked about these years back one night . I knew I had them but couldn't remember where they were . He may still be using them in his shop . :)

I have one. While it does help, it uses a lot of air, and I was never impressed with it's performance. I think a mister would be a much better setup. I mostly use dark cutting oil, tap magic, or WD 40 depending on the material. Mike

I like the idea, but seems like it would add horrendous noise to the shop from the compressor running all the time.

Never saw one of those ! How loud is it ,not counting the compressor ?

When I was at USSteel, we they bought a new casting line for billets. Going from square to round billets. (~10 dia) The cutoff torches had such vortex coolers on the torch buggies. They were removed shortly after the commissioning crew left, far too much air. I can't comment on the noise, a steel mill is a cacaphony when they are shut down. But the vortex coolers weren't even repurposed for cooling electrical enclosures.

Amazed I remembered the name right off. . .

It is called a cold air gun. They where used on the surface grinder mostly. Worked extremely well keeping small parts cool while grinding

Back