Chinese coolant mister

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
I found this lil mister on ebay for like 7 bucks so I figured it was worth a shot was wondering if anyone else has one and how you hooked it up just lookin for ideas it seems to have a push fitting I was gonna put a piece of tube with a barbed fitting to a air hose quick connect like most things from china it has zero instructions on psi etc just wondering what others may have done :)20171228_231245.jpg

I do believe there is an article on here.
Nice spray mist system for the mill / lathe . under shop related discussions.
Cheers
Martin

I figured for 7 buck you it would be a nice lil addition

I figured for 7 buck you it would be a nice lil addition

I have pretty-much the same one as that but, it's got a ball valve for the air connection. Tried it out today. Works just like my Kool Mist which is on it's last legs from getting knocked in the 5 years I've had it.

Ray C.

I ran one similar to that several years ago. I would have given it to you if I knew you were interested. Just about all the venturi syphon misters have a couple inherent issues.

You need to run regulated air. I dis-recall the exact pressure, but its not all that high. I found if the tank was below the level of the mister you needed to crank up the air to get it started, and then turn it down to a reasonable level to not blow out all your coolant in a few minutes. Sometimes if the tank was to low it would stop and you wouldn't realize it right away. All of the cheap spray misters through "mist". It puts coolant into the air at a high volume, and wastes a lot of it. If the tank is even with or above the level of the mister you need to add a shut off valve tot he coolant line or it will all syphon out and spill on your machine when after you stop.

A micro droplet applicator like a Fog Buster (tm) creates mostly micro droplet that directly impact your work piece instead. Some coolant is still blown into the air from cutting forces and cutting zone heat, but its an order of magnitude less. You use less coolant and it works better. Of course all of the micro droplet applicators are a slightly more complicated design, but its well within the ability of most home shop guys to make one.

Back