Chinese machine tools quality

The creed of greed that is so rampant today has destroyed all forms of business everywhere these days.
Belief in giving personal high quality service and value has flown out the window and is a very rare product.
When you discover that rare company it keeps your business but by golly they are sparsely spread.

The mentality in China design and manufacturing is “good enough”. Unless someone is shoving a boot up their rear they will always look to cost reduce (I had first hand experience, company I worked for qualified some pvc pipe with threads on one end. The samples met all of engineerings expectations. When the first production run was imported and sent to assembly the pipes all failed.

They bid on the supply of the threaded pipes and after getting the order they decided to cost reduce the part, but did so by adding more filler. It looked the same, good enough, but did not meet its intended service. If you recall the same thing happened with baby formula in China. Good enough.

As long as someone is watching like a hawk then the products are fine. The problem will show up when you turn your head away....

The adherence to bottom line came from us in in the States. Case in point in my years at Eaton cycle time was the main focus not how to handle the inconsistent material that you received, if you programmed for consistent cycles that worked with material variations then the tool life was greater quality improvement and production was consistent. But the concern was how quick to get cycle time down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back