Chipmaster variator oil level

Hi Richard.
It's been some time - is your CHippie up and running?
Right now I'm trying to make myself clean and assemble my Chippie,
so I can get on with finishing my shop. Try: www.lillebo.dk/wp

Cheers
Erik

I know it's some time from the original post but would like to point out the rule of thumb with sight glasses when the machine is sitting stopped the oil should be halfway up the sight glass when you run the machine the oil level will drop sometimes out of view and return to halfway when the machine is stopped if you fill past it you have overfilled. their has to be a contrast in color the difference in color between overfilling and not enough is some times to subtle.

Well, the newer Chippies have not a sight glass, but rather a cylinder with a top, and with a slit cut in the side.
There is a red painted ring on it. That must be the recommended oil level and if overfilled, it just runs out the slit.
Rather clever. But it is a strange machine.

Hi again.
Well, I haven't done much to my Chippie except fixing the variator.
But someone persuaded me to write a little on the blog "model engineering norge".
And I put up a little on my own domain "lillebo.dk/wp". There are a few things you can/have to do in order to keep your variator alive.
(I'll remove my blog soon, as I get spammed - wildly. And I don't like the Wordpress program. I'd rather use notebook)

Cheers
Erik

Just realized that was seven years ago. I have had to register under a new account as I had lost that email address. One house move later and finally trying to get the clutch sorted.

Back