Christmas in July

Jay-z

Active User
Registered
Today I finally took delivery of my PM932 PDF. I had originally ordered the machine back in April, but they were not in stock so I had to wait for the slow boat to show up. Had to knock the dust off of the old shop crane for this one. It hasn't seen this kind of action in quite some time. When I have some more time this week I'm going to fab the base for the stand and a chip tray similar to the one jbolt is using on his CNC conversion. There's a really good Sheetmetal shop up the road from me that could knock that out with ease.

I have read quite a few posts with the concern that most people have on the wait time for a machine from Matt at Quality Machine Tools. I personally have never met the man and have only exchanged a handful of emails with him. But I can say that the machine that I have received is extremely nice and well worth the wait. I definitely would purchase another machine from him in the future. I hope this helps. Jay

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That's very good to hear I should be receiving mine in next couple weeks Congrats on you're new toy. Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice, can't wait to get mine. When the shipping company dropped it off do they leave it at the curb or will they be of some assistance getting it up the driveway?

Plinker,
The driver was more than happy to help me put it in the garage using their pallet jack. I made sure to thank him with some green. The situation really depends on the driver. I was extremely lucky and had a very nice guy. Jay

Thanks Jay, that's what I was hoping the case would be.

Plinker:
If you clinch the 10 or 15 bucks in your fingers when he pulls-up, you might get that box set down within inches of were you want it...

Jay:
Congrats on the new machine... Have fun and enjoy it -and be safe.

Ray

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I got motivated today and built the stand with leveling feet for the base. 2 in. Square tubing, some 5/8 bolts, and yes those are hockey pucks. The ends were capped with 2 inch flat bar and the corners rounded off. This will bring my table height up to 40 inches. Only thing left to do now is the chip pan. I will see if I can't get that knocked out tomorrow. Jay

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looking good J! I got a bag of pucks in to do the same thing. Pads look great!

Bob C.

Wow Jay nice stand, that is the exact stand I envisioned for mine when it arrives!

Ray, I might have to try that idea and see where it gets me.:thinking:

Thanks

Back