CHUCK KEY

You could try Ebay but it might be faster to just make one yourself
M

My Craftsman chuck uses a 1/4" drive. I made a t-handle 20 years ago by welding a couple of cheap socket extensions together, maybe an 8 or 10" to a 6" .

My Craftsman chuck uses a 1/4" drive. I made a t-handle 20 years ago by welding a couple of cheap socket extensions together, maybe an 8 or 10" to a 6" .

that what i am using now is 1/4 socket extension but it takes for ever to tighten the jaw that way

You should be able to find a 1/4" square drive T-Handle. Try Snap-On and maybe Craftsman.

My 3J is a 3" Walker Turner and takes a 3/16 4 sided key . I was able to find a socket driver a small extension and a "T" handle , it's a little clunky but it's all hard . My 4 J is a 4" Craftsman ( I don't know who made it) , it has the old style Craftsman stamp . It takes a 7/32 Allen wrench .

Mark

The "forever" thing using a ratchet was why I built the t handle. I reasoned that making a 1/4" square out of material I had around was not going to be as good as even cheap extensions (and no way to create an accurate square). Didn't consider looking for a commercially available t handle - but it is an option.

Back