Chuck spec's for a B2071

Spud

Registered
Registered
I am toying with the notion of getting a new 5", 3 jaw chuck for my Craftex B2071 combo unit.
All I need is a low dollar unit from E-bay, but I can't seem to figure out my mounting type. I know it's 3 equally spaced socket head bolts, and the back of the chuck has a recess that the drive plate mates with, but that's it.

Thanks in advance.

I am toying with the notion of getting a new 5", 3 jaw chuck for my Craftex B2071 combo unit.
All I need is a low dollar unit from E-bay, but I can't seem to figure out my mounting type. I know it's 3 equally spaced socket head bolts, and the back of the chuck has a recess that the drive plate mates with, but that's it.

Thanks in advance.

I just search Google for Craftex B2071. Busy Bee Tools has adapter for a four jaw chuck. Looks like you will need to measure your spindle to find the right chuck. Busy Bee had, no dimensions listed, only photos. Looks like a nice machine. Good luck

Last edited:
I really do not know if this will help you but, maybe with a few measurements you can narrow it down to your type. Good Luck.

I also found this link that includes threaded spindles. Spindle Types

Attachments

• L-00 Spindle.pdf
    138.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks.
I can't seem to see that 4 jaw conversion mount on BusyBee. I have a 4 jaw that mounts diectly on the spindle now.
I will map out the diamensions on my next day off and see what I can find.
I was hoping another owner would see this and let me know what they did. :thinking:

When I find something out I'll post again so it can be found by the next guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you please postthat BusyBee 4 jaw plate link?

Thank you!
Not sure how you found any parts that fit the Craftex B2071 when all I can find is a riser for use with the mill.
As near as I can tell the chuck drive is part of the main shaft so adapters are required for any chuck besides the one that comes with it.

I will have a look when time allows...
:thinking:

Back