Church organ blower ...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Found this on Denver Craigs list. The guy was asking $100 for it. I replied to the add and wished him luck in his sale, and if he didn't get any takers I would give him $40 for it, as it would look good amongst some of my other vintage stuff. He messaged me back to come get it, So I called my son, and he will be picking it up this week and storing it for me until I get back home. The blower is 36" in dia. and the outlet is 12". thinking about using it for my exhaust hood/extractor system that I plan on building for the welding area. I just love these older motors. He said it runs fine, but I will probably go though it an check the bearings and such. Mike

1519746031764.png
1519746071365.png

Was able to find some documentation on century motors, and found this one to be pre-1938 as they changed to a new dating system at that time, but haven't been able to find a way to accurately date it beyond that. Would be interesting to know. Mike

1165rpm!! Cool!!
Can't quite read the hp, but 7.5amp suggests around 2hp.
Even better!!

Score!!!!
If you re-purpose for a shop machine you may want to shield the openings but that easy enough.

Daryl
MN

Did he offer the rest of the pipe organ to you?

No, I believe this is all he had, but that would have been cool.

1165rpm!! Cool!!
Can't quite read the hp, but 7.5amp suggests around 2hp.
Even better!!

He told me it was 1 hp. Will definitley run it on 220. I have a 3hp/3phase of around the same era, and it's huge. I'm guessing if rated the same as new motors they would both be rated a little higher. Mike

Score!!!!
If you re-purpose for a shop machine you may want to shield the openings but that easy enough.

I just love the looks of these old ones, so whatever I end up using it for I don't want hide it, so it will stay as it is, and be exposed.

We really made great things back then. Built to last and look really good. Not like now cheapest throw together to get the most money for. No pride or real guaranty. It's a pretty motor besides being usefull.

Depending on how noisy it is when running, I like your idea of using it as an extractor for welding fumes. it looks like a high volume blower.
Well worth the $40.

Back