• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Cinci Tool Master

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

drom68

Active User
Going to pick up this Cinci. Has power to all three axis, power feed on quill, 40 taper spindles, and looks really cool. Everything looks good, the milling head is the original, but was hardly used and set aside. Owner did a bit of a restore on the main portion, mainly paint.

What do I need to know about this type of mill? All good or are there some things to watch out for.

Any idea of the weight, he can load and I can unload with a forklift on my end, just interested in the weight.

Attachments

Uglydog

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Yours is tricked out!
Check the taper on the spindle.
Be sure you get the collets, spindle nut wrenches, knee crank, slotter tooling and cutters.
If she takes monoset collets and they are not supplied with her, they are readily available. However, like good collets they are expensive.
And of course anything else the seller will give you.
Much more rigid than many other popular vertical mills.
Keep us posted you are gonna have a great time with her!

Daryl
MN

Karl_T

Active User
That is one EXCELLENT MACHINE. You now can look down on poor Bridgeport owners.

Mark in Indiana

Active User
Drom,
Great looking machine. They are a blast to make chips with!
Figure the weight should be around 5000#. Be careful. It's top heavy.

brino

Active User
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Nice machine.
Congrats!
-brino

Holescreek

Active User
The machine weighs about 2500 pounds without the head on the other side of the ram, I'd guess that one is close to 3k pounds.

FOMOGO

Active User
That was top drawer stuff in it's time, and just really nice to come across today. Congratulations on your purchase. Mike

drom68

Active User
Thanks for all the reply's. Interesting the Bridgeport came up, I just sold my Bridgeport to a buddy. I have a Tree 2UVR and there are differences. I have no issue with the Bridgeport but I like the rigidity of the Tree. I hope the Cinci is better than the Tree.

Unfortunately the owner is having trouble getting it re-wired and have it running. Most likely I would still buy it in its current condition, but would hut the price would have to be reduced as I would be taking a pretty good risk. Anyway, I will update when I have more info.

Uglydog

Active User
Ah....
If you can't get her going.
I'll accept the risk!
I'd really like some parts for mine!!

Daryl
MN

Silverbullet

I'm closer drop it by , give me a couple years to figure it out . YUPP ill Ck it all over even paint the head to match. Looks like he did a good job painting it . The wiring could be a simple switch of the leads not matching or any number of things. Way to go nice machines lots of power . You went for pinto to dodge super bee.OOPS your probably not old enough to know those cars. Let's say prius to mazzeroti. No worries about power feeds on every axis. Need more pictures

drom68

Active User
Well, I picked er up. Mass, there is some serious mass to this machine. I still need to clear out the Bridgeport and a few other things. Then I get to move it into the work space.

drom68

Active User
oh boy, this thing is no joke. My forklift lifted the TM, but the steering wheels left contact with mother earth. A buddy drove by as I was getting ready to unload and stopped in to help, best thing ever. I live on a road that doesn't get much traffic, that is until I started unloading, caused issues with the truck/trailer pulling out from the mill and driving into the road. Then it started rain, no rain in the forecast. Then the trailer decided to make contact with forklift, had to use all kinds of head scratching to get it away. And finally I got into to place. It makes the Tree 2UVR look small. Didn't get to hook it up yet or get pics, but I will in the next day and post. Have a lot of work to do, but I am loving it. Oh, the ice cold beer at the end topped it off.

Karl_T

Active User
Sure glad you did not drop it. Scary thing when you see a fork lift start the teeter tauter.

These make bridgeports look like toys.

[6]
[5] [7]