Cincinnati 1C Toolmaster

doco

Active User
Registered
at_the_ready.JPG

Acquired this about a month ago. A sweet machine. Came with about a dozen NMTB40 collets, 10" rotary table, 6" Kurt vise & 3 axis DRO. Only downside was the electricians cost more than the machine: Machine $2,150; Electricians $2,200. Having the machine as they say, priceless :))

at_the_ready.JPG

Love that machine and your videos. How's the Sibley doing?Chris

DSC00186.JPG

The Sibley is finished and ready for use...

DSC00186.JPG

Two really sweet machines.... :drool:

Thanks doco, ya made my day. I have wrote this before I live in Bridgeport country probably cause they
were made here. Cincinnatis are far and few around here. It has been said Cincy did their best to out
do Bridgeports. They quote "A Bridgy is a Cincy on steroids" Its true; talk about being ridged. How come
the electrician cost was so high? Maybe Im lucky mine was a 30pack of Bud Lite. Ya he's my long time
freind. And then another freind state of the art shop employs 15 machinist said I got a Rolls Royce of mills
thats good to hear. My biggest problem now is I only got a 1/2 collet and really need a 5/8 and a MT2
and they are 3C monoset flex collets any ideas on that: cause there many on ebay but I dont get along
with ebay well. There may be just a chance someone has some and dont need them any more.
This one with all the options very pristine popped one mile from me got it for $1300 so I jumped on it.
Only thing I have to make is the table coollant drain is missing, no biggie ill make it out of Alum. and use
that black kinky like hose to drain to the base (I cant find what it looks like so im guessing) as long as it
drains. Oh big big vise rotary table brand new boring head all came with it. this is a 1B toolmaster
good luck Sam

cincinnati 1B.jpg

That's quite the horizontal drive on that machine! I had one and used it twice before it cratered. So I took it off.
Where I live is 100 or more miles in any direction to any population center. So, the two local electricians really take advantage of that fact. You get charged $4 a mile both ways for mileage then $65 an hour for labor. They know full well no one from the city will even come out here let alone charge less. I have an inherrant (maybe border line paranoia) of electricity. But these two gents just encouraged me to get over it. :winner: If they can do it, I can. :think1:

I'm pretty much a newby, so can't help much with ideas on the collets. My cincy uses NMTB40 collets. I have seen quick change set ups and MTx collets for those on Ebay. I too have my moments with Ebay. But, for me, it is still the best one stop shop on the net for my needs. My wants now are quite a different thing :nono:.

$1,300 is a steel. I gave $2,200 for the 1C and had to retrieve it from Eugene about 270 miles to the sw. Then of course the sparkies zapped me for another 2k+. I was told though, that I could run up to eight machines off of that converter. I don't imagine I will ever run more than one at a time ever. I have a four breaker 3Phase panel and took good mental notes from the sparkies so, even at those prices it will pay off in the long run. mehopes...

Good chipping to you...

I came upon "Tools and Gizmos" they carry all types of collets and cheaper that ebay.

Doco - small world it looks like we have been emailing back and forth . I'm Guntoatin on YouTube.

AKA SUPER JA?

Yup that's me ! I came across this thread and saw the photo of your 1C and said " hey that's Donald!" Btw how is everything going with the converter you mentioned some issue in your last email? I'm still waiting on my rotary 5hp

Back