Cincinnati 1D to the collection!

dfsmoto

Registered
Registered
Just brought this home last Monday. Been busy in my shop so I haven't posted for awhile. I see some other folks have this machine on here.

Mine is all manual and works great except the quill feed......need to dig into that can of worms at some point. I got the manual and am waiting for a call back to get all the original tooling and a rotary table.

As you can see from the pictures I obviously have a thing for mills! Haha

IMG_20190215_084941289.jpg

IMG_20190214_134726871.jpg

I had a problem with the quill feed on my 1D when I got her.
Had to pull the head and dismantle the entire assy in order to get at the shear pin.
If that's what you decide you need to do, then consider replacing seals as long as you've got her torn down.

Daryl
MN

I had a problem with the quill feed on my 1D when I got her.
Had to pull the head and dismantle the entire assy in order to get at the shear pin.
If that's what you decide you need to do, then consider replacing seals as long as you've got her torn down.

Daryl
MN
Yeah I topped up the oil after I got it and has oozed out ever since! Hoping things slow down long enough at the shop where I can get a day to work on it. So far it is my favorite manual mill that I have ever ran. Rigid as heck.

email me if you need assist in looking for the pin.
Note: I'm not saying that;s your problem....
Was just a little roll pin as I recall. I might be able to find my notes....

Daryl
MN

email me if you need assist in looking for the pin.
Note: I'm not saying that;s your problem....
Was just a little roll pin as I recall. I might be able to find my notes....

Daryl
MN
Yeah I did read your post. Sounds like I should have everything in stock to fix it minus the seal. Do you remember the seal dimensions? If not McMaster is usually just 2 days shipping away for me.

No recollection.
It's worth doing the seal as long as she is apart!!!!

D

Back